29 May 2020
Dear Ms Fallon,
Many thanks for your letter. We are conscious that the Committee is considering matters concerning Travel Restrictions on Tuesday 2 June, therefore I attach herewith two documents, which I would be grateful if you might circulate to members of the Committee ahead of Tuesday:
- A letter sent to Minister Harris on 20 May relating to all Regulations issues under the Health (Preservation and Protection and other Matters in the Public Interest) Act 2020
- A submission to the Committee by ICCL dated today 29 May on the Passenger Form Regulations which came into effect this week.
As you are aware, ICCL has made a significant number of submissions to Government on human rights concerns relating the Government’s Covid Response over the past two months. These include submissions on:
- Emergency legislation and powers
- Policing powers and police oversight
- The provision and publication of statistics and data on communities affected by Covid-19 and by the regulations
- Vulnerable populations in congregated settings, including in direct provision
- Surveillance and the proposed HSE Tracing App
ICCL is available to provide assistance to the Committee on any of these matters at any stage in its deliberations.