- About the ICCL
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
- Our People
- Support Us
- Work With Us
- ICCL e-bulletins
- Rights News - The ICCL's Quarterly Newsletter
- Upcoming Event: Victims Rights Conference 14 November 2014
- The JUSTICIA European Rights Network
- Hear Our Voices
- Youthreach Human Rights Competition 2014
- Call for Tenders - Web and Video for the JUSTICIA European Rights Network
Know Your Rights - Criminal Justice
Know Your Rights: Criminal Justice and Garda Powers Pack- 2nd Edition
We are delighted to launch the 2nd edition of Know-Your-Rights:Criminal Justice and Garda Powers, which was updated in June 2014 to reflect recent changes in Irish criminal law and procedure. This includes significant recent changes in the procedures around access to a lawyer during questioning.
The Know Your Rights Criminal Justice & Garda Powers pack provides the general public with information about their rights and Garda powers in the areas of searches, arrests, interviews, detention, provision / retention of bodily samples and public order.
Read or download the pack via our e-reader below:
Download the updated pack at the below link (pdf):
The Pack was featured on RTE Radio 1's Today With Pat Kenny on 24 May 2010. Please click HERE to listen to the show.